Tuesday 28 June 2022

Revenge of Queen Rose

 

When I decided to read this book and review it, I did so with very high expectations. After reading the first book in this series ‘The Lucky Diamond’, which I reviewed last February, I was eager to get to know what happened to the five siblings, and how life was treating the diamonds. My expectations were met. I was very well entertained by this book. Within minutes of starting to read it, I was highly immersed in it. It was so gripping that I did not want to put the book down!

The story starts with the twins and with a description of the calm scenery, which gives one the sensation that everything is going well for the children. It could not have been further from the truth, as the following pages quickly immerse us into the different adventures that the five children go through. One must here mention Lucky the Diamond princess who was one of the protagonists in the first volume and her father, the Diamond King. Besides the children, there are other characters involved too. These all play a part in making the plot interesting.

 All the different sub plots merge to a point together, where the bad characters are quashed and evil, in the form of Queen Rose  is banished from the face of the Earth. The book ends with a feeling of well-being, of success and happiness. It teaches the reader to be courageous and resilient. One must never give up, but persist in reaching their aim. The book is enjoyable to read and is suitable for children and older persons alike. The reader is afforded the pleasure of being immersed into an absorbing story, where one will surely have fun trying to guess what is going to happen next. I am looking forward to the third volume.





1 comment: