Monday 14 January 2019

Back to school - Term 2



Today was my first day back at school. This was because I spent the first week of term at home. I contracted a very harsh version of the flu which confined me to my bed.

My first  day was extremely hectic. I had to deal with all sorts of mini-crises, with the  main one being the fact that some students took a long holidays from everything related to school work and did absolutely no homework whatsoever! The baying of angry teachers was incessant!

I also put up the half yearly exam timetable on the board, and it was quickly taken over by the well-meaning students who are now fast counting the days to the exams. Exams start on the 12th February, so they are less than four weeks away.

Another student was running during the break and he fell and hurt his leg. He came to my office surrounded by other boys, who were enjoying the chaos, that such an event brings.

All in all it was a very nice day, full of normal recurring things, which was only marred by the bad weather and excessive cold!


The view from my office today


No comments:

Post a Comment