Sunday 2 December 2018

Writing the literature review

Immersed as I am in school activities, I am still focused on writing up my Ph.D. Last week I was on campus, at the University of Warwick for a fleeting two day visit. Then on Saturday I also attended the post graduate conference at the University of Birmingham. I wrote about the conference in last week's blog.

While on campus, I met my supervisors, who have always been very supportive. They congratulated me about my new job appointment, and we discussed my progress. They showed concern that my new job might hinder me from adhering to the time schedule which I had drawn up for my upgrade last year.

However, while I do admit that it is very difficult, as sometimes I am so tired, I am not easily discouraged. My supervisors liked the work that I have done so far. I have done the interviews and transcribed them into English. Now, the hard part of writing up is about to commence. I have been given until May 2019 to finish writing the literature review. Although this past week was busy, I hope to be able to reach my target and work whole-heartedly on the literature review in the coming months.


No comments:

Post a Comment