Wednesday 3 October 2018

The first week of my new job as assistant head

My first week as assistant head

This first week has been a whirlwind. I have had everything - a crash course in school finance, disciplining the handful of unruly students, met parents and also helped a student during a panic attack.

What is really fascinating about this first week in the job is that it is so varied and a world away from the job of a teacher. Time seems to fly by so fast.

Since now, the best parts have been that of monitoring the students, checking on them during the change of lessons, assembly time and also checking on the students' pastoral needs.

The school building in itself is very nice. It is a state of the art building, inaugurated in 1998. My view is fantastic. The internet works well and everything is in order. I am so lucky! I could not ask for a better school!

I look forward to many more such days, managing my year 9s and getting immersed in  the school life.

No comments:

Post a Comment